During winter, mountainous provinces being located to northwestern Vietnam, or Sapa tours , in particular, are ideal destinations for regular visitors or challenging-passionate youngster as well, especially when snowfall appears, which is quite unusual in a tropical country like Vietnam. However, how we can travel with as little cost as possible is not a straightforward question to answer. We would love to share with you some tips on how to have a Sapa tour in Vietnam for only below 2 million dongs per person! Basically, there will be 2 ways of enjoying a Sapa tour with such little expenditure which we will mention below.
Here is Useful tips for having cost-saving Sapa tour:
Going for Sapa tour by shuttle bus: 1.500.000 VND/person for a 3-day-2-night tour
- Travel expenses: Half a million/round-trip ticket. Sapa is one of the most fantastic places for tourists, regardless of what the season is, thus picking up a mean of transport is not way too confused for travelers. It is possible to book a night shuttle bus from Hanoi to Sapa for a price of a quarter million VND/trip at bus stations such as My Dinh, Giap Bat, Gia Lam,… However, My Dinh is usually the most crowded in Hanoi. We advise you to take a night bus from Hanoi, hence you will wake up the next morning in our beloved Sapa town. By applying this tip you can save a night at the hotel during your trip!
Save your expense by booking a night shuttle bus from Hanoi to Lao Cai
- Accommodation cost: 200.000 VND/room x 2 days = 400.000 VND. You may be allowed to have 2 or 3 people stay in a single room. It is recommended that you should pick affordable hotels/motels with basic services such as Wifi, hot water etc…
Accommodation facilities in Sapa are more than enough for tourists
- Motorbike rent: 80.000 VND/day x 2 days = 160.000 VND.
Try to experience unique bike-traveling being unique in Vietnam!
- Gasoline: 40.000 VND/day x 2 days = 80.000 VND
- Meals: 4 meals/day x 50.000 VND = 200.000 VND
- Additional costs: 200.000 VND (You can use this amount to buy some drinks on the way, or simply to buy gasoline in case you wish to travel some other places on your own)
- Tourist attractions in Sapa: There are plenty of prominent destinations such as Cat Cat village , Rock Church, Sapa night market, Silver Waterfall , Love Waterfall,… Depends on your preferences, just pick up an appropriate Sapa tour that suits your style. However, you had better go to Sapa during fall or spring if you love trekking in Sapa, as the weather is temperate.
Going for Sapa tour by motorbike: 1.500.000 VND/person for a 4-day-3-night tour (As it will take longer to go by motorbike)
2 people/bike is ideal for both safety and cost saving. In exchange, you will fatigue as you travel further. However, traveling on your own steel rider is a unique experience which worth trying at least for once. Just give it a try!
- Gasoline: 300.000 VND (Including all trips during your Sapa tour)
- Meals: 40.000 VND/meal x 12 = 480.000 VND
- Accommodation: 3 days x 200.000 VND/day = 600.000 VND.
- Other additional costs: 280.000 VND.
It would be best if you have some maintenance for your motorbikes before the trip. Raincoats, medicines, map, warm clothes,… are not redundant at all.